Serve hot and crispy asparagus with creamy, lemony deliciousness on top.
- Bundle of asparagus (about 20-30 stalks)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- kosher salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- pinch pepper
- *water if needed
- Baking dish (option to use foiled lined baking sheet instead)
- Microwave safe bowl
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Coat baking dish with olive oil. Prep asparagus stems by snapping off the ends where they naturally break. Add stems to the baking dish and toss to coat. Lightly salt and bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a ramekin in the microwave for 30 seconds. Whisk all ingredients for the hollandaise except butter in a microwave safe bowl (I just use a second ramekin). Slowly whisk in the butter until smooth. Microwave for 18 seconds (adjust accordingly – turns out 18 is perfect for me but 15 or 20 might be right for you) and whisk until glossy and creamy. If a little over done, add a tiny splash of water to thin it out.
- When the asparagus is done, sprinkle with additional salt (I like it salty!) and place on a serving dish. Spoon the delicious hollandaise on top and serve with 12 Minute Juicy Perfect Chicken Breast
- Hollandaise can be kept in the fridge for a few days and then used to make Eggs Benedict???