Yea, you read that right. Takes 10 minutes. Enjoy 😀
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 tablespoon of minced fresh herbs (I used a combination of whatever’s in my fridge… pictured here it’s scallions, parsley, and basil. I also recommend thyme and rosemary if you’ve got it!)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Gratin dish (I use this one from Staub)
- Preheat the broiler for 5 minutes and place the oven rack 6 inches below the heat.
- Prep all the things – mince your herbs and toss with the parmesan and set aside. Crack your eggs into a small bowl (don’t skip this step – timing is everything on this one!)
- Option to place your dish on a baking sheet if you need the extra maneuvering support (I’m lazy and my dish is wide enough but I do have to be extra careful). Pour the heavy cream into the dish and place the butter in the center.
- Place the gratin dish under the broiler for 3-4 minutes until hot and bubbly. Pull it out and quickly but gently pour in your eggs into the dish, sprinkle with the herb and cheese mixture, and top generously with salt and pepper. Return the dish to the oven and broil for 5-6 minutes more until the whites are set.
- Allow to sit for about a minute and serve immediately with a spoon and perhaps some toasted 90 second bread!