I’ve been invited to a party for the new Game of Thrones season and I 1) Don’t want to come empty handed, 2) Want something on-theme and 3) Want something I can actually eat! These are so insanely easy to make. Just an extra little step to your typical deviled eggs to add the colors.
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise (I use this)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Red, Yellow, and Blue Food Coloring
- Egg Maker (I use this)
- 4 Snack Size Ziploc Bags (I use this)
- Paper Towels
- Optional: Immersion Blender (I use this)
- Hard boil your eggs according to the instructions on your egg maker (or do it the old fashioned way boiling water).
- While the eggs are cooking, in a small bowl add your mayo, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Also, set up three ziploc bags by dropping in about a 1/4 tsp of food coloring into each. I like to do a 1/4 tsp of each color separately and then to the blue, I add 2 drops of red to make it darker; and then to the red and green, I add 2-3 drops of blue to make them more purple/teal respectively.
- Fill a small bowl with cold water and soak the eggs until they cool for a couple of minutes. Drain them and then gently but firmly knock them against the sides of the bowl until you get a few good smash cracks.
- You’ll want to do the next step a little bit quickly so have a paper towel at the ready… drop an egg into a baggie of food coloring and coat it well with color. Use a tong to remove it from the bag and then immediately place it onto the paper towel and remove the shell. Set aside and repeat with the remaining eggs.
- Then cut the eggs straight down the middle lengthwise. Pop the yolks out of the eggs by gently pressing the backsides of the white and add them to the bowl with your mayo, etc. Using a fork (or an immersion blender for an extra creamy texture – recommended if you’re doubling or tripling the recipe), mash the mixture until smooth. Add a little extra mayo for a looser texture if desired.
- Scrape the blended mixture into the remaining small snack size zip lock bag piled up on one side. Fasten it close and then with a scissor, snip off the corner. Then pipe the mixture into your egg whites. Serve those dragon devils to your friends 🙂