Just your average wholesome I-talian meal.
- 2 6-8 Oz chicken breasts
- 1 egg beaten plus a splash of water
- 2 tbsp super fine almond flour
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp crushed pork rinds
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp Rao’s Homemade Marinara Sauce
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Lightly salt and pepper the chicken. Put out three shallow bowls with each dip – almond flour, egg wash, and pork rinds plus parmesan. Add a tsp of salt to the pork rinds and parmesan mixture. Option to add additional seasoning as well (like herbs de Provence, garlic powder, onion powder, etc.) but I don’t think it’s necessary and it’s plenty delicious without.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat for at least two minutes.
- Do the dip. Dunk the breasts into the almond flour then the egg wash then the pork rinds until well coated. Shake off any excess after each step.
- Add oil to the pan to coat. Place breaded chicken breasts into the pan and let cook for 2 minutes. Don’t move them! Turn over and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Flip once more and place the skillet in the oven for 11-13 minutes depending on the size of your chicken breasts.
- Set your oven to broil. Spread the marinara sauce on top of the breasts and top each with two slice of cheese. Slide the skillet under the broiler until the cheese melts (1-2 minutes).
- Allow the chicken to rest for a few minutes. Serve and Enjoy!