- 2 6-8 Oz chicken breasts
- 1 egg beaten plus a splash of water
- 2 tbsp super fine almond flour
- 2 tbsp crushed pork rinds
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Lightly salt and pepper the chicken. Put out three shallow bowls with each dip – almond flour, egg wash, and pork rinds. Add a tsp of salt to the pork rinds. Option to add additional seasoning as well (like herbs de Provence, garlic powder, onion powder, etc.) but I don’t think it’s necessary and it’s plenty delicious without.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat for at least two minutes.
- Do the dip. Dunk the breasts into the almond flour then the egg wash then the pork rinds until well coated. Shake off any excess.
- Add oil to the pan to coat. Place breaded chicken breasts into the pan and let cook for 2 minutes. Don’t move them! Turn over and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Flip once more and place the skillet in the oven for 11-13 minutes depending on the size of your chicken breasts.
- While the chicken bakes, heat a small sauce pan over medium heat for a minute. Add the lemon juice and allow to cook for a minute. Add the cream and allow to come to a full boil. Add your butter and whisk vigorously until it melts. Continue whisking until the sauce thickens about a minute more. You should see medium bubbles covering the whole pan when it’s thick enough. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Allow the chicken to rest for a few minutes. Serve with the sauce poured around it. Enjoy!