No one likes standing over a stove and whisking like crazy only to have a sauce break on you. This Hollandaise takes the pain out of all of that.
- 1 tbsp Hollandaise
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp vinegar (any variety will do – I usually use Apple Cider Vinegar)
- 1 slice Canadian bacon
- 1 piece Cloud Bread (Recipe Here)
- Make Hollandaise – Melt butter in ramekin in the microwave for 30 seconds. In a microwave safe bowl, combine yolks, lemon juice, salt and pepper and whisk. Slowly whisk in melted butter. Microwave for 15 seconds and whisk. If mixture separates, splash in a little water and whisk a little more. Should be creamy and smooth. Can be refrigerated for a couple of days.
- Make Canadian bacon – in a small skillet, turn heat to medium high and allow to heat up for 2 minutes. Add bacon to dry skillet and cook on the skillet 1-2 minutes each side until browned. Set aside.
- Make egg – fill small sauce pan 2/3 of the way up with water and bring to boil. Add vinegar. With the wooden spoon gently twirl the water in the center and make a small whirl pool. Crack the egg into the center of the whirl pool and allow to cook for about 2 minutes until the whites set. Fish out with a slotted spoon.
- Build your Benedict! Place a piece of cloud bread on your plate, then the Canadian bacon, then the egg, and top off with a heaping tbsp of Hollandaise. Enjoy!!