After trying many variations, this is the one that works best for me. Trick is you absolutely have to use it on parchment paper. It’s non-negotiable.
- Leave your eggs out on the counter overnight
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Separate your eggs into two different mixing bowls. To the yolks, add your cream cheese and mix until combined with the regular attachment
- To your egg whites, add your cream of tartar and salt and mix on high with the balloon whisk attachment until stiff peaks form – the stiffer the better. You want it to get Dairy Queen Upside Down Blizzard level of stiff
- Add the yolk mixture to the whites in three rounds and gently fold until there are no white streaks
- Spoon 2 tbsp worth of mixture onto the parchment paper on your cookie sheet leaving a couple of inches in between – should make about 12 mounds.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely for at least 30 minutes before trying to move them since they’ll be crumbly straight from the oven. Seriously – be patient!