My most favorite dish to order at breakfast spots is a loaded hash – potatoes, cheese, meat, veggies… The works and all topped with an egg over easy. So of course I’m jonesing for a keto alternative. Cauliflower to the rescue.
Recipe (serves 1)
- 1/2 cup riced cauliflower
- 1 Tbsp diced jalapeno
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/4 chopped broccoli
- 2 breakfast sausage links
- 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 1 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- Salt and Pepper
- Hot sauce (I use this)
- Heat skillet on medium and add your sausage links. Cook until browned on all sides and set aside. Leave any fat renderings in the pan.
- Add your butter and allow to melt. Toss in all of your veggies – jalapeno, cauliflower, spinach, and broccoli and cook for a few minutes tossing frequently until the spinach wilts and the cauliflower begins to look translucent. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice up your sausage into bite size pieces and add to the skillet. Sprinkle the top of the skillet with cheese and gently crack egg into the middle.
- Pop skillet onto the highest rack of your oven on broil and allow to cook 3-5 minutes until egg whites have set. Remove, season with salt and pepper, and top with hot sauce. Enjoy immediately.
|Calories: 326||Carbs: 15||Fiber: 6||Protein: 24||Fat: 21|
Add Directly to MyFitnessPal: