These muffins made primarily from sunflower seeds and Good Dee’s Muffin Mix are outstanding. I highly recommend adding something to them like Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips, blueberries, or nuts. And I swapped coconut oil for melted butter – definitely tastes better that way in my opinion 🙂 – also less prone to falling apart! I also added a pinch of salt… really brings out the flavor. They’re a little plain otherwise but definitely will scratch your muffin itch.
Recipe (Serves 12)
- 1 package of Good Dee’s Muffin Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsalted melted butter (I use this)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract (I use this)
- 2 Tbsp erythritol or sweetener of your choice (I use this)
- 1/2 tsp salt (I use this)
- 2 servings Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips (120 chips or 10 per muffin)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Combine all ingredients except the chocolate chips and fill your liners a little over halfway.
- Top each muffin with 10 chocolate chips.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before consuming. Refrigerate or freeze.
These taste absolutely amazing when you pull them from the freezer and microwave them for about 15 seconds. Warms them up beautifully and makes the chocolate all fudgey. Enjoy!
|Calories: 161||Carbs: 11||Fiber: 7||Protein: 4||Fat: 13|
Add muffin directly to your MyFitnessPal: